The current cell phone "safety" standard uses "SAR" or "Specific Absorption Rate". SAR is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by the human body when exposed to a radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic field. It is based on "THERMAL or HEATING" affects only (no other biological affects).
The standard was put in place over 18 years ago, in 1996.
The SAR value was derived by using "SAM", a Specific Anthropomorphic Mannequin. Three main facts to know about the testing are:
1. "SAM" was equivalent to a HEALTHY, 6'1" male weighing 210 lbs
2. The phone was placed at least 2.5 cm away from from "SAM"
3. THE MAXIMUM TIME OF TESTING WAS 6 min
In addition, there was no case on this test phone (among other factors) that might cause an increase in radiation!
If you don't meet these conditions - you are smaller and/or younger (have a thinner skull) OR use your phone longer than 6 min - SAR is not even relevant to your exposure!
Many studies have demonstrated biological effects related to RF radiation other than "thermal" effects. To learn more latest research regarding EMF's, see the BioInitiative Report at BioInitiative.org.
Brain, salivary, auditory and other tumors are now starting to show up in large numbers and typically on the same side of the head or on the body (or organs) where phones are placed.
Think about this info for your safety and especially for the safety of kids who are starting to use cell phones younger than ever!
Following are some precautionary steps you can take to lessen your exposure to radiation when using a cell phone:
- Do not place the phone directly against your head or body.
- Use speakerphone or a special “air tube” headset when making calls.
- Put the phone in “airplane” mode when not in use or when you are carrying it.
- When the phone is on, if possible disable "WiFi" and "Bluetooth".
- Text whenever possible instead of making a call.
- Avoid using cell phones when you have only a few bars (a weak signal)
- Avoid using the phones in cars, planes and trains (typically causes a weaker signal as well as “reflection” causing more radiation)
Please be aware that cordless phones also emit "RF"! Using a landline is recommended!
Healthy Homes Consulting, LLC